Many residents enjoy backyard campfires. For your safety and that of your neighbors, the following guidelines have been established and must be followed:
- The fire pit may be no larger than 3 feet by 3 feet by 3 feet.
- A fire pit may be located no closer than 25 feet from any structure.
- Noxious or irritating smoke is not permitted. Fires must be extinguished immediately if this occurs.
- Rubbish may not be burned. Rubbish includes, but is not limited to:
- hazardous material
- household garbage
- leaves and vegetation
- Recreational fires must be attended 100% of the time. Be sure to extinguish fires completely.
- Be aware of burning bans. Check the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources for the current status of any burning bans.
Burn permits are required for fires larger than recreational guidelines and are issued by the fire department. Applications for permits are available at Victoria City Hall.