City of Victoria Elections
Election for Victoria City Council is held during state and federal election years. The city council consists of five members; the mayor and four council members, who are elected for a 4-year term.
For a city office, any person who meets the following criteria may file to be a candidate.
- Eligible to vote
- Will be 21 years of age upon assuming office
- Will have been a resident of the city for at least 30 days before the general election
- Pay a $2 filing fee
- Provide an Affidavit of Candidacy (PDF). Please disregard the wording at the bottom of the page regarding different color copies. For the 2018 election, applications were accepted July 31-August 14.
Campaign Financial Reports
An Initial report (PDF) is due within 14 days after receiving contributions or making disbursements of more than $750.
- Subsequent reports are due 10 days before and 30 days after the election and each year by January 31 until a final report is filed.
- A final report is due when all debts are settled and all assets are disposed of in excess of $100.
- A certificate of filing (PDF) shall be submitted to the city clerk no later than seven days after the general or special election (Minnesota Statutes 211A.05, Subdivision 1).