Election for Mayor and City Council Members
Two city council member seats are up for election on November 8, 2022. These elected officials serve a four-year term, beginning with the first City Council meeting in January 2023. Currently, these seats are held by Council Members Judy Black and Alvin Hebert.
2022 Candidate Filings
Candidates are listed in the order they were received. Select candidate name to view a copy of the Affidavit of Filing.
- Affidavit of Filing for Greg Evansky (PDF)
- Affidavit of Filing for Alvin Hebert (PDF)
- Affidavit of Filing for Andy Reiff (PDF)
Article VII, Section 6 of the Constitution of the State of Minnesota:
Every person who by the provisions of this article is entitled to vote at any election and is twenty-one (21) years of age is eligible for any office elective by the people in the district wherein he has resided thirty days previous to the election, except as otherwise provided in the Constitution and law of the United States. Learn more about candidate qualifications on the Secretary of State website here.
Filing for City Office
- Tuesday, Aug. 2 through Tuesday, Aug. 16 (filing closes at 5 p.m.)
- Withdrawal deadline is 5 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 18
Where to File
- Candidates can file in-person at Victoria City Hall at the City Clerk’s office.
Candidate Filing Packet
Filing documents can be found in the Candidate Packet and Campaign Manual and include the following required items:
- Affidavit of Candidacy
- Disclosure Statement
- $5 Filing Fee
- Statement of Economic Interest (Due within 14 days of signing Affidavit of Candidacy)
Campaign Financial Reports
City Council candidates must complete Campaign Financial Reports (PDF) when their campaign committees raise or spend more than $750. These are to be filed with the City Clerk's office.
- Initial report is due within 14 days after receiving contributions or making disbursements of more than $750
- Subsequent reports are due 10 days before and 30 days after the election, and each year by Jan. 31 until a final report is filed
- Final report is due when all debts are settled and all assets are disposed of in excess of $100
Campaign Financial Report Certification of Filing
Every candidate must complete a Certification of Filing (PDF) within seven days of a general election in which their name is on the ballot. Even if an initial report was never required or filed, the certification must be completed.
Reports are posted as received on the Campaign Finance Reports page.