Election for Mayor and City Council Members
One mayor and two city council member seats are up for election have on November 3, 2020. These elected officials serve a four-year term, beginning with the first city council meeting in January 2021. Currently, these seats are held by Mayor Tom Funk and Council Members Tom Gregory and Tom Vogt.
Potential candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be a registered voter
- Be 21 years of age upon assuming office
- Be a Victoria resident for at least 30 days prior to the general election on November 3, 2020
- Must have not submitted an Affidavit of Candidacy for another office in the 2020 general election
- Pay a $2 filing fee
- Provide an Affidavit of Candidacy (PDF).
Candidates must file their Affidavit of Candidacy (PDF) from July 28 until 5 pm on August 11 at Victoria City Hall during regular business hours or online. Email online application to City Clerk Cindy Patnode.
Campaign Financial Reports
An Initial report (PDF) is due within 14 days after receiving contributions or making disbursements of more than $750.
- Subsequent reports are due 10 days before and 30 days after the election and each year by January 31 until a final report is filed.
- A final report is due when all debts are settled and all assets are disposed of in excess of $100.
- A certificate of filing (PDF) shall be submitted to the city clerk no later than seven days after the general or special election (Minnesota Statutes 211A.05, Subdivision 1).