Victoria's 2021 City Council (L-R): Council Member Alvin Hebert, Council Member Derek Gunderson, Council Member Judy Black, Mayor Deb McMillan, Council Member Chad Roberts
- 6:30 pm
- Semi-monthly on the second and fourth Monday plus special meetings as published
- City Hall Council Chambers
1670 Stieger Lake Lane
Victoria, MN 55386
Meeting Rules and Procedures
View the City Council Rules of Order (PDF) that govern city council meetings and provide for public participation.
Videos and Live Streaming
You can watch a live stream of city council meetings and videos of previous meetings. Mediacom subscribers can also watch live meetings on cable channel 8.
City Council Members
The Victoria City Council is comprised of four elected council members and an elected mayor. The mayor and council members are all voted at-large. All council members serve four-year terms, with the terms staggered so every two years two positions are up for election. The mayor is also elected to a four-year term.
The statutory duties of the city council include, but are not limited to the following.
- Adopt ordinances, resolutions, policies and enter into contracts.
- Approve and adopt the city's financial operations with the advice of staff, including: levy taxes; adopt budgets; borrow money; and designate depositories.
- Appoint members to the standing commission and committee and ad-hoc committees.
- Plan for the future of the city through the comprehensive plan.
- Protect the welfare of the citizens through ordinances, fire protection, police protection, roads, utilities and infrastructure.
- Provide community leadership.
- Act as the Economic Development Authority with their specific powers and duties.