Night to Unite
Discover more about your community by hosting or attending a Night to Unite block party on Tuesday, August 1, 2023.
Neighborhoods within Victoria host Night to Unite Block Parties each year on the first Tuesday of August. This year, community members will get together across Victoria on the evening of August 1 to celebrate during the annual get together.
Host a Night to Unite Block Party
Interested in joining the fun? Organize a block party for your neighborhood or ask for your neighbors to help.
Block Party Ideas
- Invite your neighbors at least one week before the event.
- Organize a potluck dinner or support local restaurants by ordering food.
- Collect food for a food shelf.
- Sign up all ages for Carver County Library cards.
- Set up multiple yard games.
- Welcome new neighbors.
- Provide name tags.
- Host a chalk art competition.
- Create a sheet to share contact information with neighbors if interested.
- Share your photos!
- Tag @VictoriaMNCity and use the hashtag #UniteVictoria
Register the Night to Unite Block Party
Register your block party to reserve a visit from firefighters, sheriff's deputies, and members of the City Council and staff. Visits are limited to 20 parties and prioritized by order of registration. Register will open in the Spring of 2023.
Invite the City to the Night to Unite Block Party
Night to Unite promotes strong police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, more caring places to live and work. Members of the Victoria Fire Department, Carver County Sheriff's Office, and City Officials visit several block parties throughout the night. Make sure to note on your registration form that you would like them to visit your party. City visits are capped at the first 20 requests. The City will reach out to the main contact in July with more information on timing once the route is set. Visits from the emergency services team may be altered due to service calls throughout the night.