Commercial Small Area Plan Steering Committee
As part of its 2040 Comprehensive Plan, the City of Victoria identified an area within its ultimate city boundaries as the ideal location for future commercial development. To help create a framework and generate concepts for this area, the city facilitated a Small Area Plan Study of the location – known as Victoria Worx. The purpose of the plan is to ensure this area is developed in an efficient, unique and intelligent way to help diversify Victoria’s future tax base.
The study was conducted by the consulting firm, Landform, and was driven by a steering committee made up of Victoria residents, organization representatives, businesspeople, elected officials and the development community. It was completed in early 2020, and a draft of the findings will be presented sometime in the spring.
Steering Committee Meeting Notes and Project Documents
- Project Documents
- Meeting Notes: September 11, 2019 (PDF)
- Status Report: October 7, 2019 (PDF)
- Meeting Notes: October 9, 2019 (PDF)
- Meeting Notes: November 6, 2019 (PDF)
- Meeting Agenda: November 13, 2019 (PDF)
- Meeting Notes: November 13, 2019 (PDF)
- Meeting Agenda: December 4, 2019 (PDF)
- Status Report: December 2019 (PDF)
- Developer Roundtable: December 4, 2019 (PDF)
- Meeting Notes: December 4, 2019 (PDF)
- Status Report: January 2020 (PDF)
- Status Report: February 2020 (PDF)
Appointed for duration of this ad-hoc committee. Members may also be appointed to fill the remaining term of a retiring member.
- City Council Member Tom Gregory
- City Council Member Tom Vogt
- Planning Commission Member John Iverson
- Planning Commission Member Laura Moore
- Business owner John Hayes (Enki Brewery)
- Business owner Cal Haasken (realtor)
- Business owner Kristen Gyolai (attorney)
- Business representative Kevin Sharpe (pastor, Westbrook Community Church)
- Resident Larry Gubbe
- Resident Julie Slate
- Marty Doll, Community and Economic Development Director
- Mark Nolan, Consultant, Landform
This steering committee oversees the planning process for the small area plan for the flex-employment/commercial area in the south area of the ultimate city limits and helps engage the public in this plan.