Group Fitness Classes
Schedule: June 13 - September 4, 2022
Core & More **
Core & More **
Total Body Conditioning
Lunchtime Blast **
- PiYo Sculpt
- Functional Fitness
- Cardio Drumming
- Boot Camp
- Total Body Conditioning
- Core & More
- Triple Threat
- Lunchtime Blast
Satisfy your body sculpting needs in a traditional PiYo class with a bonus: hand weights! Get ultra-lean and even more defined using your own body weight with light dumbbells. This power packed class full of strength and flexibility combinations is just what your weekly exercise regime is missing! Easy to follow with modifications for all fitness levels.
This class is designed for (but not limited to) individuals 55 and older who are looking for a low to moderate intensity workout. This class will increase your cardiovascular and muscular endurance. Exercises are geared towards everyday activities with emphasis on balance, fall protection, coordination, range of movement, strength, and flexibility.
This non-traditional, fun, up-beat workout which turns simple, everyday movements into a full body workout leaving you smiling, sweating, and feeling remarkable! Drumming will increase your cardio, while working on strength and toning.
This high-intensity, fast-paced class is a great total body workout to increase strength and aerobic fitness while burning fat.
Experience a full body strength training workout that will sculpt, tone, and burn using body bars, stability balls, free weights, and resistance bands.
Start the weekend with an energizing cardio workout and sculpt your body with a variety of iron-pumping tools. Each instructor will bring something a little different each week.
This class builds core muscles to improve posture, balance, strength, and flexibility while performing exercises using a variety of equipment and sometimes just body weight.
Swing, snatch, and sweat your way into shape with the Kettlebell! Basic exercises will be broken down with proper form and technique, all while keeping a steady heart rate with flowing, full body movements.
This class combines combinations of toning, cardio, core and stretching. This well-rounded workout will get you sweating, feeling strong and stretched for the day.
In need of a midday pick me up? You will do quick cardio and strength exercise combos to keep your body guessing. Plus, we will keep it short and to the point!
A total body workout for all fitness levels. This class offers a variety of circuit formats focusing on cardio, strength, plyometrics and core training!
How Do I Participate?
- Review the current Group Fitness Schedule and select a class and time that works for you.
- A few minutes before the designated class time, stop by the front desk at the Victoria Recreation Center to check in for class (pre-registration is no longer required after September 7, 2021).
How Much Does it Cost To Participate?
- Starting September 7, 2021 Group Fitness Classes will go back to pre-COVID rates.
- Group Fitness classes are not included in Basic Memberships.
- Group Fitness Classes are free to Gold Members
- Drop-in rates and punch cards are available
- Member | Drop-In $6.00 per class | Punch Card $50.00 per card
- Resident | Drop-In $7.00 per class | Punch Card $60.00 per card
- Non-Resident | Drop-In $8.00 per class | Punch Card: $70.00
The City of Victoria will continue to monitor and implement recommendations per the CDC and MDH guidelines. Here are the policies for in-person fitness based on current guidance:
Face Coverings/Social Distancing: Fully vaccinated people are no longer required to wear a mask or social distance. This change will become effective on Friday, May 14th, 2021. Those vaccinated will no longer be required to wear a mask or social distance while at the Recreation Center. For those who are unvaccinated, it is still recommended that a mask is worn to aligns with CDC guidance. However, the Recreation Center staff will not be asking or monitoring this.
Stay home if: Participants should do a self-screening prior to class for COVID-19 symptoms. Participants are encouraged to stay home if they are not feeling well. Refund policy for those who are unable to attend due to COVID has been relaxed to encourage sick participants not to attend.
Symptoms of COVID-19
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
Bringing you fitness in the comfort of your own home using Zoom Video Communication our instructors will teach classes virtually. Workouts will include body weight, cardio, yoga, core or similar options for those with no or limited equipment/space available in their homes. Registered participants will receive class codes the day prior to the class.
How Do I Participant in Virtual Group Fitness Classes?
- Review the Group Fitness Schedule above and select a class and time that works for you.
- Pre-registration for Virtual Group Fitness Classes is required.
- Class registration is available at this link, (select "Adult" -> "Adult Fitness") .
- Registration closes at 10:00 am the day prior to class.
- If class is at 9:00 am on Monday, you will need to register before 10:00 am on Sunday to receive the class Zoom link.
Is There A Fee To Participate in Virtual Fitness?
- Virtual Group Fitness classes will cost $5 per class or are free to Gold Members.