Fair and Equal Housing
Under State and Federal laws it is illegal for a landlord or home seller to treat people differently in a housing situation because of their race, religion, sex, family status, sexual orientation or use of public assistance. You have rights if you feel you are facing discrimination.
Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act establishes federal policy for providing fair housing throughout the United States. The intent of Title VIII is to assure equal housing opportunities for all citizens.
Fair and Equal Housing Resources
- Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Minnesota Department of Human Rights
- Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid
- Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services
- State of Minnesota’s Olmstead Plan
File a Complaint
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Complaint Form
- Minnesota Department of Human Rights Complaint Form
City of Victoria's Fair Housing Policy
It is the policy of the City of Victoria to ensure that fair and equal housing opportunities are available to all persons in all housing opportunities and development activities funded by the city regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistances, familial status, national origin, or disability.