Solicitor Registration and Hawker/Peddler Permit
All persons in Victoria must register as a solicitor or apply for a hawker/peddler permit if they plan to go door to door to fundraise or sell a product or service.
- Apply for a registration or license:
- Pay the associated fees:
- Via credit card by contacting Andrew Keller, Accounting Specialist, at 952-443-4216
- Via check by mailing to or dropping off at Victoria City Hall, 1670 Stieger Lake Lane, PO Box 36, Victoria, MN 55386
- $20 per business
- $50 per person
- Hawker only - $100 plus Council approval
- Hawker means any person selling any edible goods or products from a vehicle, or pack, going about from place to place, carrying such goods or products for the purpose of sale and delivery.
- Peddler means any person selling any nonedible goods or products from a vehicle or pack, going about from place to place, carrying such goods or products for the purpose of sale and delivery.
- Solicitor means any person going door to door promoting a product/service that will be followed up by representative at a later date.
- Fee payment required before application can be processed.
- Licenses cannot be transferred.
- Solicitors need to have their license available either on their person or on their phone when conducting business in Victoria.
- Hawkers and peddlers need to have their license available either on their person or on their phone when conducting business in Victoria.
- Groups of six or more that plan to apply for a registration or license should contact Cindy Patnode, City Clerk, at 952-443-4229 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- This permit does not apply to:
- Any sale under court order.
- Any bona fide auction sale.
- A sale at wholesale to a retail dealer.
- The sale of milk or ice.
- The sale of farm or garden products by the person producing same.
- The sale of goods or products by minors wherein the proceeds from the sale go for the support of a nonprofit organization.
- All licenses and registrations expire at the end of the calendar year (December 31).
- Applicants need to apply for a new license or registration for the new calendar year.
- Cindy Patnode, City Clerk, 952-443-4229 or email@example.com