Mill & Overlay Notice: 86th Street & Kochia Lane
The City of Victoria has entered into a contract with GMH Asphalt Corp. to complete a mill and overlay on two City of Victoria streets: 86th Street between Bavaria Road and the Kochia Lane roundabout, and Kochia Lane from 86th Street to the north cul-de-sac.
This project includes the removal of 1.5 inches of the existing pavement and the installation of 1.5 inches of new pavement. During the project, the contractor will also reconstruct a section of Kochia Lane north of Savanna Valley Way. The new layer of asphalt is a maintenance measure used to help extend the life of the existing roadway. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
- May 13, 2021: Concrete curb and walkway removal and replacement on 86th and Kochia begins
- May 20, 2021: Reconstruction work on Kochia begins
- May 26, 2021: Street pavement removal work for the remainder of the project streets scheduled to begin
- May 28, 2021: Paving occurs (depending on the weather)
- A portion of Kochia Lane between Prairie Rose Way and Savanna Valley Way will be closed (depending on weather) on Friday, May 21 and Monday, May 24, 2021. Access through this road closure will be detoured to Prairie Rose Way and Savanna Valley Way.
- After the pavement is placed, it is not advisable to drive over it until the contractor has finished rolling it. Rolling is completed almost immediately after the pavement is placed.
- Driving on the pavement too soon may result in loose asphalt being kicked up onto your vehicle or create markings on the new pavement.
- The pavement will be soft for the first day and vehicle motions, such as power turns, while stationary may deform the surface.
- During this process, please do not park on the street until the next day after paving has been completed.
Jeremy Stalcar, Engineering, 952-491-0083 or email@example.com