The purpose of the City of Victoria’s social media presence is to provide members of the community with information in more places and more ways than were traditionally available. All content of this site is public and is subject to disclosure pursuant to the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act. Please be aware that anything you post may survive deletion, whether by you or others. Do not post sensitive or personally identifiable information, such as social security numbers.
Following or “friending” persons or organizations is not an endorsement by the City and is only intended as a means of broadening communication. The City is not responsible for content found at links to third parties, nor the views or opinions expressed by third-party comments.
The following social media accounts are run by the City of Victoria:
- City of Victoria Facebook
- City of Victoria Instagram
- City of Victoria Twitter
- City of Victoria YouTube
- City of Victoria NextDoor
- Victoria Recreation Center Facebook
Please be advised that comments falling into the following category or categories may be removed:
- Obscene or pornographic content
- Direct threats to persons or property
- Material asserted to violate the intellectual property of another person
- Private, personal information about a person published without his/her consent
- Information that endangers the public by compromising a public safety security system
- Statutorily private, confidential, or nonpublic data
- Commercial promotions or spam
- Hyperlinks to material that falls into at least one of the foregoing categories
- Should your comment be removed by the City and you believe it does not fall into one of the above categories, contact the Communications & Public Engagement Manager in writing to explain how the comment does not fall into one of these categories.
City of Victoria’s social media managers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to change or modify any City posts, and add or delete City comments, posts, photos or video at any time.
The City's social media accounts are typically monitored between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Questions warranting a response will be answered between those hours.
Should you wish to challenge the legality of any portion of this notice or the City’s social media policy, you may contact the Communications & Public Engagement Manager in writing and explain the basis for the challenge in detail.
If you have any other questions about the City of Victoria’s social media page, contact the Communications & Public Engagement Manger, Kendra Grahl, at email@example.com.
By accessing, using, or posting to this City of Victoria’s social media page, you acknowledge you have been advised of the foregoing.
Thanks for stopping by!