The City of Victoria works to continuously review how services are provided to ensure the most innovative, cost-effective and efficient practices.
▶ The City of Victoria's interactive 2021 Budget Book is now available. The City's 2021 budget focuses on continuing to provide excellent municipal services and amenities as efficiently as possible and for a reasonable investment.
Financial Reports and Budgets
Annual Financial and Audit Reports
- 2020 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (PDF)
- 2020 Management Report (PDF)
- 2020 Special Purpose Audit Reports (PDF)
- 2021 Budget Book
- 2020 Budget Book (PDF)
- 2020 Budget Explained (PDF)
- 2019 Budget Book (PDF)
- 2019 Summary Budget (PDF)
Quarterly Financial Reports
- Quarterly Financial Report 3rd Quarter 2021 (PDF)
- Quarterly Financial Report 2nd Quarter 2021 (PDF)
- Quarterly Financial Report 1st Quarter 2021 (PDF)
- Quarterly Financial Report 4th Quarter 2020 (PDF)
- Quarterly Financial Report 3rd Quarter 2020 (PDF)
- Quarterly Financial Report 2nd Quarter 2020 (PDF)
- Quarterly Financial Report 1st Quarter 2020 (PDF)
Financial Reports and Budgets Explained
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
The Comprehensive Annual Financial Report is a detailed account of the City’s financial statements, notes, schedules and statistics. The City of Victoria is proud to have received the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada for its Comprehensive Annual Financial Report each year from 2007-2019. This award is the highest form of recognition in the area of government accounting and financial reporting. Only about 1% of cities under 10,000 in population in the United States receive this award.
Annual Budget and Capital Improvement Plan
The finance department leads the annual budget preparation for all fund budgets, including the five-year capital improvement plan. The capital improvement plan is a planning tool used to plan for the acquisition and funding of capital improvements such as buildings, equipment, parks, vehicles and infrastructure.