The city is making changes to parks and recreation operations and programming in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We continue to base decisions on data, guidelines and orders from Governor Walz and the Minnesota Department of Health.
Our goal is to provide an appropriate balance of parks and recreation services while protecting the health and safety of residents. As a result, the following programs, facilities and events will be canceled, closed or delayed. The city will begin issuing refunds on May 5.
• Park shelter reservations: May & June
• Concert in the Park: June
• Lunch Time Tunes
• Balance Workshop
• Coney Island Canoe: Session 1
• Dad & Daughter Night Out
• Donuts with Deputy: May & June
• Fishing with First Responders
• Glow in the Dark Yoga
• Into the Wild: Session 1
• Introduction to Fishing
• Little Explorer’s Nature Hike: Session 1
• Safe Kids 101: Session 1
• Stars Tennis sessions 1 & 5
• Yappy Hour
• Youth Stand Up Paddle Board
DELAYED UNTIL AT LEAST JULY 6
• Organized youth and adult sports use of fields
• T-Ball, Coach-Pitch and Playgrounds
• Tennis lessons
While the recreation center is temporarily closed, you can enjoy you can enjoy virtual fitness classes with your favorite instructors!