City Hall Remains Closed
City hall remains closed to the public at least until May 18, with the exception of very limited in-person services. At this time, that includes accepting deliveries and allowing contractors to pick up water meters or building permits by appointment only.
Over the next two weeks, the city will be finalizing its “safe reopening” plan for city hall and other city facilities. The plan will follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Minnesota Department of Health guidelines; Governor Walz’s executive orders; and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration standards related to COVID-19. We look forward to (hopefully) welcoming people back into city hall soon.
Even with extended closures, we continue to provide vital city services including: clean drinking water, flushing toilets and public safety response.
Many city employees continue to work remotely, providing city services through the magic of technology. We ask for your patience and understanding as we all do the best we can to provide the high level of service to which the city is committed.
Most of our standard city services are available via phone or online at www.ci.victoria.mn.us Contact city employees online or by phone, Monday–Friday, 8 am-4:30 pm for any city business.
Services available include:
- Pay utility bills, apply for building permits, watch public meetings.
- Report pothole or street repair or general concern.
- Building inspections for new construction and for life/safety issues continue.
- Non-essential residential inspections such as change-outs of furnaces, air conditioning units, water heaters and water softeners are temporarily delayed.
- Sprinkler and fire alarm inspections continue.
- Essential water and sewer repairs continue; non-essential repairs are postponed. Do not flush “disposable” wipes, rags or paper towels, which can cause blockages.
Yard Waste Collection Event
The city is planning to accept homeowner’s residential yard waste on May 30 & 31, from 8 am-4 pm, at the former public works building at 1416 Stieger Lake Lane. This event is open to Victoria residents only; bring identification with a local address. Leaves, grass, brush and tree limbs, no larger than 4” in diameter, cut into 4’ lengths will be accepted. Absolutely no commercial waste accepted. This event is dependent on securing sufficient volunteers to staff it.
Two-hour volunteer shifts are available. Email Communications Manager Gwen Campbell
if you wish to volunteer.
Recreation Classes & Events
Our goal is to provide the appropriate balance of parks and recreation services while protecting the health and safety of Victoria residents. The city will begin issuing refunds for recreation programs on May 5.
- All park shelter reservations in May and June
- Concerts in the Park: June
- Lunch Time Tunes
- Balance Workshop
- Coney Island Canoe: Session 1
- Dad & Daughter Night Out
- Donuts with Deputy: May & June
- Fishing with First Responders
- Glow in the Dark Yoga
- Into the Wild: Session 1
- Introduction to Fishing
- Little Explorer’s Nature Hike: Session 1
- Safe Kids 101: Session 1
- Stars Tennis: Sessions 1 and 5
- Yappy Hour
- Youth Stand Up Paddle Board
DELAYED UNTIL AT LEAST JULY 6
- Organized youth and adult sports use of fields
- T-Ball, Coach-Pitch and Playgrounds
- Tennis lessons
Victoria Recreation Center
Missing your fitness class? Although the Victoria Recreation Center remains closed, you can enjoy virtual fitness classes
with your favorite instructors!