City Hall On the Road to Re-Opening
Your city council and city staff have been planning for an anticipated re-opening of city hall and other city facilities. This week, city staff is implementing safety measures to protect citizens and staff as they conduct city business and provide services to the public. City hall remains closed to the public the week of May 18, with the exception of very limited in-person services. At this time, that includes accepting deliveries and allowing contractors to pick up water meters or building permits by appointment only.
Beginning Tuesday, May 26, city hall will re-open to the public with safety restrictions--including social distancing, hand sanitizing stations, face masks and signage--in place.
Even with extended closures, we continue to provide vital city services including: clean drinking water, flushing toilets and public safety response.
Many city employees continue to work remotely, providing city services through the magic of technology. We ask for your patience and understanding as we all do the best we can to provide the high level of service to which the city is committed.
Most of our standard city services are available via phone or online at www.ci.victoria.mn.us Contact city employees online or by phone, Monday–Thursday, 8 am-4:30 pm and Friday, 8 am-noon for any city business. Services available include:
- Pay utility bills, apply for building permits, watch public meetings.
- Report pothole or street repair or general concern.
- Building inspections for new construction and for life/safety issues continue.
- Non-essential residential inspections such as change-outs of furnaces, air conditioning units, water heaters and water softeners are temporarily delayed.
- Sprinkler and fire alarm inspections continue.
- Essential water and sewer repairs continue; non-essential repairs are postponed. Do not flush “disposable” wipes, rags or paper towels, which can cause blockages.
Victoria Recreation Center
The recreation center remains closed until such time as it can open with appropriate safety precautions in line with recommendations from MDH and the CDC. During this time, you can enjoy virtual fitness classes
with your favorite instructors!