City of Victoria Updates and Impacts Due to COVID-19
Governor Tim Walz has announced a new executive order effective on Friday, Nov. 20, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. to limit the spread of COVID-19 across the state of Minnesota. In accordance with the order, we are making several changes to our services and amenities. Many of our services will continue uninterrupted, just as they have been for the last 7 months. Over that time, we have instituted a number of safety precautions that allow us to continue to serve our community in a safe and efficient manner.
Thank you for your support as we make adjustments to ensure a safe Victoria for our community.
City Hall Updates
Effective at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 20, 2020, city hall will be closed to the public until at least Dec. 31, 2020 with limited exceptions.
City Services Remain Available
We will continue to provide city hall and public works services via phone, online, or by appointment only.
- Utility bill payments, building permit applications, public meeting agendas and video, and more are available 24/7 at www.ci.victoria.mn.us.
- City employees are available via phone, online, or by appointment during regular business hours, Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Contact our main line at 952-443-4210 for general questions.
- During this time, we will continue to provide many of our vital and basic city services, including:
- clean drinking water, flushing toilets, emergency route snowplowing, and public safety response
- building inspection services
- sprinkler and fire alarm inspections
- essential water and sewer repairs (non-essential repairs will be postponed)
- limited in-person services at city hall. Currently, that includes accepting deliveries and allowing contractors to pick up water meters by appointment only.
Virtual City Council & Committee Meetings
City Council, Planning Commission, Park & Recreation Committee, and Lakes & Water Quality Committee meetings will move to a virtual meeting format. Our community can continue to view virtual public meetings through a live stream on our YouTube channel or on cable at Mediacom Channel 8. Learn more about how you can stay informed or participate in the meetings on our Meetings & Agenda Portal.
Victoria Recreation Center
The Victoria Recreation Center will be closed beginning at 10 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 20, 2020. Staff are preparing to reopen on Saturday, Dec. 19, 2020 at 6 a.m. unless the executive order is extended.
All amenities at the recreation center will be unavailable until it reopens.
All group fitness classes and relevant programs will go to a virtual format.
Appointments at the recreation center have been cancelled.
Updates about memberships will be sent to members soon.
More information will be made available via the Victoria Parks & Recreation website.
Please remember to support our local businesses in safe ways over the next few weeks.
COVID-19 Community Resources
We have compiled a list of COVID-19 Community Resources, including support services, testing, and community food resources.
Updates from the City
We will continue to keep you updated as more information becomes available. Our website and Facebook page are another great way to receive updates and announcements during this time.
For questions about how to access city services online or determine if your service is available, contact city employees online or via phone during regular business hours, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
We would like to take a moment to thank you for your continued patience during this time. We have seen how the community of Victoria has safely come together to support and uplift each other over the last few months, and we look forward to seeing that spirit continue into the holiday season.