Can I burn a large pile of brush on my property?
Open burning is prohibited in the City of Victoria unless a permit is issued. A burning permit is required for any fire larger than 3 feet by 3 feet. Permits are available at the Victoria City Hall. The City of Victoria would like to encourage all residents to use alternate disposal methods, such as composting or recycling and use burning as a last resort.

Show All Answers

1. How do I contact the Fire Department when it is not an emergency?
2. How many calls does the Fire Department respond to each year?
3. What is the life expectancy of a smoke detector?
4. Is there a charge for responding to false alarms?
5. Can I get my home fire extinguisher recharged at a fire station?
6. Do I need a burning permit to have a recreational bonfire?
7. What consumer fireworks are legal?
8. Can Victoria businesses sell consumer fireworks?
9. Can certified fireworks display companies obtain a permit from the city to put on a show?
10. Can I join the Victoria Fire Department?
11. Can I burn a large pile of brush on my property?
12. Can I burn leaves?