Community Garden Locations
Community gardens are meant to be a place for the community to gather to grow a variety of vegetables, flowers, fruits and herbs.
Community gardens are typically located on public lands or private property of community partners. Community gardens are for those who do not have a yard of their own, the means to grow a garden in their yard or just do not want a garden in their yard.
Communications for the 2023 Community Gardens will be sent out on February 1, 2023. See the Community Garden Timeline (below) for 2023 registration dates.
- Diethelm Park (Victoria Recreation Center) – 25 raised garden plots (8475 Kochia Lane, Victoria MN)
- Holy Family Catholic High School – 20 raised garden plots (8101 Kochia Lane, Victoria MN)
City of Victoria provides the following:
- 10x20 raised garden plot
- Water and hoses
- Annual tilling
- Fall composting
- Assigned plot (plot assignment mailed out in early May)
- Community Garden Communications — February 1, 2023. Community Garden registration forms are emailed out to all interested gardeners (on email list, contact email@example.com to get added to the list) and gardeners from the previous season.
- Returning Gardener Registration Period — February 1-March 15, 2023. If you had a garden plot in the previous season you will have priority to register before the registration opens to the general public. The Parks and Recreation Department will not accept any registrations from new gardeners during this registration period. Returning gardeners are guaranteed the same plot they had the previous season. There is no online registration available during this registration period.
- General Registration Period — March 16-April 14, 2023. New gardeners can register for available plots. Plots are first come, first serve.
- Community Gardens Open — Mid-May 2023. Garden plots will open as soon as they are ready for the season. This means, the frost is out of the ground and the soils are dry enough to till.
- Community Gardens Close — October 15, 2023. Garden plots will be closed for the season.
Holly Kaufhold, Recreation Supervisor, Email Holly Kaufhold
|City of Victoria Parks & Recreation Department
The park system woven throughout Victoria, Minnesota is managed and maintained by, or in partnership with, the City of Victoria Parks & Recreation Department.