The workshop covered the 2024 budget discussions for the Water, Sewer, Stormwater and Victoria Recreation Center Funds, the 2024-2028 Capital Improvement Plan, and a 2024 General Fund Budget and Levy update.
Staff sought input from the Council on these four proposed budgets as well as went through funding sources and potential areas for budget reduction.
The proposed final levy also allows the City to meet its long-term financial plan commitments, debt service commitments, and provides funding to continue to move forward in achieving Council's adopted Strategic Plan priorities
Matt Pavek (Civil Site Group) submitted an Easement Vacation application for review by the City Council.
On October 23, 2023, the City Council approved the Final Plat for Marsh Hollow Third Addition which re-platted the townhome lots. With this replat, the outlot lot lines were rearranged and no longer align with the approved outlots in the First Addition.
These outlots have drainage and utility easements over them that need to be vacated, and reassigned with the Third Addition, to allow the plat to be recorded. City Council approved the vacations.
These proposed ordinances include changes related to downtown shared parking funds, the C-1 and C-2 commercial districts, Central Business District uses, as well as minor process modifications.
The zoning ordinance includes proposed language that would allow flexibility for shared parking funds, including for parking studies, maintenance of existing parking areas, as well as expansion of on- and off-street parking. Additionally, staff proposed to repeal the C-1 and C-2 commercial zoning districts.
City Council adopted the process improvement ordinances.
City Council conducted a closed meeting for the City Manager's Performance evaluation covering December 2022-November 2023.
The meeting was closed pursuant to MN Statute 13D.05, subd.3(a) to evaluate the performance of the City Manager.
City Council gave a positive review for the City Manager and directed staff to bring back a new contract with a salary increase to review at the next Council Meeting.
Items on the Consent Agenda are routine, administrative, do not require deliberation, or are housekeeping items required by law.
Approved During Meeting
• Previous Meeting Minutes
• Claims Roster
• 2024 Legislative Priorities
• Marco McLane Development, LLC Extension
• Delinquent Utility Bills to Pay Year 2024 Property Tax
• Amendment of a Loan Agreement to the City's Health Care Facilities Refunding Revenue Bonds Series 2014
• 2024 Contract with Carver County for GIS Position & Services
• Off-Site Gambling Premise Permit for the Victoria Firefighters Relief Association
• Temporary Liquor License for St. Victoria Parish Family
• Laketown Township's State Bonding Request
• Extending the Amira Preliminary Plat to July 24, 2024
• Pay Request No. 6 for the South Area Lift Station Project
• Funding for the County State Aid Hwy 11 and Hwy 5 Intersection Improvements Project