The City of Victoria has an ordinance restricting water usage, effective annually from May 1 to September 30. During that time, irrigation (ex., sprinklers or in-ground watering systems) through the public water supply is restricted to an odd/even watering cycle and prohibited between 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
What this means:
- No person shall irrigate using the public water supply between the hours of 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. on any day of the week.
- If a property address is an even number, irrigation can take place on the even-numbered days of the week outside of the hours listed above.
- If the property address is an odd number, irrigation can take place on the odd-numbered days of the week outside of the hours listed above.
Why it matters:
- Ensures an adequate water supply for those that use public water in Victoria, Minn.
- Conserves water resources
- Prevents wasteful and harmful effects of irrigation during the midday hours
Compliance with this ordinance is mandatory. Failure to comply may result in a fine. Special permit consideration will be given for those property owners with new seed or sod.
Learn more about the ordinance (Chapter 26; Section 26 to 30) in the municipal code.